Monday, September 21, 2009

Call me crazy

Some people may think I'm crazy, but we've already purchased some of our nursery furniture. I'm really big on finding ways to save money. Everybody knows that when I was buying stuff to decorate my first house, I only bought things that I had coupons for or things that were on sale. Even our couches and bedroom set!


As far as nursery furniture goes, I had already been checking out the Babies R Us furniture about three different times, so I already knew exactly what I was looking for. We also bought the Baby Bargains book, so that I could get reviews on the safety information for all the cribs. Well, I found three different sets that I liked, but one was rated a C, one was rated an F, and one was rated an A. We ended up buying the set that had an A grade, which was the one that was more our taste anyway (and my favorite set anyway).

So, back to my frugalness. I happened to have some 15% off coupons from the last time I was at Babies R Us, but they were getting ready to expire. Sooo, I just had to use them before they expired. Expiring coupons burn holes in my pockets. So we ended up getting a Babies R Us credit card to get an even BETTER discount (they take 10% off your first purchase). We ended up saving 25% off our nursery furniture! Quite the deal, if you ask me!

The only problem was that to use the coupons, the furniture had to be in stock. I checked online before we left, so we wanted to pick the furniture up today in order to make sure what we wanted would still be in stock. All the boys (my dad & Tony) were still at work, so my mom and I took my dad's truck to get the furniture. We didn't realize that we would need to strap it down (isn't that what those boys that load the furniture get paid for?). We had to call Tony's dad to our rescue. He lives nearby, so he came to our rescue and strapped it down for us so we could make it home without losing anything on the freeway.

So, call me crazy for buying it so soon, but I'd like to see you find a better deal!

1 comment:

  1. Kuddos to saving $$$$$!!!! Post some pics when you can!!! I can't wait to see what it looks like :)

    ReplyDelete