Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Scary Week #12

So today was probably the scariest doctor's appointment I have ever had! I think it was even more petrifying than my 8 week appointment. At the 8 week appointment, I wasn't really sure what to expect, so that was a little scary in itself. I was had prepared myself for the worst, but was hoping for the best. Thankfully, it was for the best. We got to see our little peanut on the ultrasound, heartbeat and all.

For today's appointment, I was still a little nervous, because I have heard from so many people that most miscarriages occur in the first 12 weeks. So, if you know me well enough, you know that I am the biggest worry wart. So again, I was preparing for the worst. As I sat in the waiting room for over an hour, some girl comes out of the exam rooms and sits down looking very agitated. She then proceeds to tell everybody on our side of the waiting room that she just lost her baby at 8 weeks and that they were sending her to the ER for a D&C. OK, can you say panic?! I sat in terror for the next 10 minutes. She kept talking and I kept trying to tune her out (something I think I've picked up from my students). That is definitely NOT something that you share in a room full of pregnant women. Needless to say, everything was fine with me. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat and found out that all my blood work came out ok. For once in my life I actually know my blood type. An hour of waiting and all that stress for nothing!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats...so happy that things went well :) Can't wait to meet your little peanut!
    xoxo
    Marlo

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one extreme worry wart to another...The worrying is only just beginning! :)
    Congrats!!! Enjoy it! I LOVED being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats... I'm so happy to hear everything went well and it will fly by so fast. That first ultrasound is so neat and crazy to see at the same time. Hang in there it will cont. to get better. xoxox Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! & for making it past the 12 week mark, hopefully you are able to sigh a big sigh of relief & enjoy the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That poor girl, but dang keep that to yourself especially in a room of pregos!!!

    ReplyDelete