Saturday, October 27, 2012

15 Weeks


I looked at one of my pregnancy apps this morning and it said I have 25 weeks remaining. If my doctor still wants to take the babies at 35 weeks (which is what we talked about at my appointment), then that means I only have 20 weeks remaining. With only 20 weeks left, I am at the point in my pregnancy where most people are already halfway through their pregnancy Crazy!

If you've talked to me in the past few days, you already know that I'm not quite convinced these babies are girls. I've had a very strong feeling from the very beginning (just as I did with Braysen) that they are boys. My main purpose in doing the early gender scan was to get confirmation that they were indeed boys so I could get started with my planning. Never in a million years did I expect the tech to tell me they are girls.

I'm still not buying it. I guess I will have to wait for my doc to confirm it for me.

That did not, however, stop me from buying some girly clothes while my mom and I were out shopping today. I swore to myself that I wouldn't start buying clothes, planning the nursery, pick names, etc. until I talked to my doctor because I didn't want to get too attached to the idea of girls just to start all over when I find out they are boys. But the threat of only 20 weeks remaining scared me a little and I did do a little looking and buying today. I of course saved receipts so if I have to return them I can.

What's really weird is that a lot of the strange little aches and pains that I experienced in my 3rd trimester with Braysen are already back! I'm not sure if it's because it's my 2nd pregnancy or because there are two babies, but it seems way too early to have some of these symptoms and I hope they don't get worse as this pregnancy progresses. They're not bothersome enough to complain about, just irritating. I hope they stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment