Wednesday, February 27, 2013

32 Weeks

That's 8 pounds of baby in my belly! Braysen weighed 6 pounds 15 ounces at birth, so I already have more baby than my body has ever handled (not to mention their fluids and everything else). My water broke at 39 weeks with Braysen, so somewhere in my mind I keep thinking that my body will give in at some point soon. I hope not, I'm not ready for these babies to make their arrival yet.  My perinatologist told me that if I make it to April 3rd, each baby will probably be about 6 pounds. A good weight for each baby, but holy moly that's a whole  lot of weight for mama's belly!

I spent the night in the hospital last week on Sunday. I started having contractions that would not stop. As it turns out, my ketones were super high, so they decided my contractions were caused by dehydration.  They hooked me up to an IV for fluids and made me drink a ton of water. My contractions slowed down a ton, so they monitored the babies for a little while and then sent me on my merry way.

I've always been good about drinking a ton of water, but I guess it just wasn't enough that day. It really scared me to think the girls could be born that early, so it was a huge wake up call for me. I have been downing even more fluids than ever before and have been trying to take it easy (ha, as if that's even possible).

I still am having contractions every day, but I think they're just Braxton Hicks because they are not regular and seem to come more frequently if I have a busy day.

I started my NSTs last week and at each one I have been to, they have a hard time not only getting Brynlee's heartbeat on the monitor, but also keeping it on the monitor. She moves around so much that they have to keep moving the monitor to keep up with her. Anybody shocked about this? Anybody?

I know these babies could easily come at any time, but I'm hoping to make it through both Braysen's birthday and Easter before they arrive. There are a lot of people that think otherwise, myself included.  My perinatologist said that in singleton pregnancies he likes to see a cervical length of 25 and with twins he likes to see 20. He told me that my cervical length is 45 and that I have a "cervix of steel" and things are looking great, so we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment