Sunday, March 10, 2013

34 Weeks


A lot has happened since my 32 week update! I've had two visits to Labor & Delivery and twice weekly NSTs. My first trip to Labor & Delivery was after I was experiencing regular contractions for several hours. I usually drink a ton of water during the day, but a couple days after I turned 32 weeks I just had an "off-day" and didn't drink much. Once I started having contractions, I chugged a ton of water in hopes that they would go away. I never had any Braxton Hicks or anything when I was pregnant with Braysen, so because these contractions weren't hurting, I assumed that's what they were.   I was wrong. After about 3 hours of contractions every 2-5 minutes, we decided I needed to head to the hospital. They told me my ketones were high and that I was dehydrated. They hooked me up to an IV and monitors. I was sent home about 5am with a few irregular contractions. 

After that, I put myself on a "water schedule". If you know me at all then this should not be a surprise. :) I have jugs that I fill up and was giving myself 3 hours to finish each jug. I was drinking a gallon of water per day. 

During my twice weekly NSTs, they always notice that I am having contractions about every 5 minutes. Most of the time I only feel about 2-3 of these contractions in the hour and a half that I'm usually there. The babies always look great so I usually just get sent home. This past Friday the doctor in charge of NSTS was not happy with the contractions she was seeing and decided to admit me, even though I wasn't feeling them.  They kept me for several hours for monitoring. The babies still looked great and were doing well with each contraction, but I was still having them every 2-5 minutes on the monitors. I was told my ketones were high yet again, even with me polishing off a gallon of water each day!  The doctor that saw me in L & D was really nice and wasn't too concerned about my contractions. She said as long as they're not making me dilate, she wasn't very worried about them. She then said, "I think this is just you. You will probably just keep having contractions throughout the rest of this pregnancy". 

I am now finishing each jug of water in about 2 hours and am drinking a gallon and a half of water each day. There is no way that I can be dehydrated with that much water! Yet I am still experiencing some contractions. I have 7 more NSTs before my scheduled delivery date. I hope I'm not admitted every single time!

Braysen's 3rd birthday is this week on Thursday, so these babies must stay in past that. At best, I'm hoping for at least a week or two past his birthday, but I have a feeling they will be coming sooner than that. Only time will tell! 

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! I hope they stay put for his birthday.

    I also had regular contractions and many trips to l&d but my twins weren't born til 37 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete