Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Goodies

I just realized that I never posted the pictures of my Easter goodies. I had a cake to do, a party, and Easter eggs to do all the day before, so don't judge. :)

Cake pops. Vanilla cake with buttercream. Vanilla is not my favorite flavor for cake pops. The chocolate or the red velvet are much better in my opinion. But what I've found is that if you are dipping them in a lighter candy coating, they turn out much better if you use a lighter-colored cake.






Cookies
This time I went a different route and instead of doing sugar cookies, I tried a recipe that I found for a roll-out chocolate chip cookie. It rolled out and baked very nicely, but I can't say the same for the way it tasted. Had they turned out better-tasting, I would share the recipe. :) I clearly still need some practice with my royal icing skills, but hey, practice makes perfect, right?!

And lastly, the chocolate covered pretzeles. I'm pretty much no longer allowed to show up to any family even without these in hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment