Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Losing It (and Them)

Not a whole lot of time, just wanted to share where my brain is right now.

When we got home from Sawyer's birthday party, Tony brought Braysen's shoes in from the car (he kicks them off any time he's in his car seat). I hadn't seen the shoes since Saturday, but we were going out to lunch with my fam on Monday, and I couldn't find his little plaid Vans anywhere. I searched the house from top to bottom, the car, the diaper bag, they were nowhere to be found. This morning Tony took the trashcans out and it made me think to ask him to check the trash for Braysen's shoes. Not that I actually thought they would be in there, I just couldn't think of anywhere else to look. Lo and behold, he found them in the trash, I HAD THROWN AWAY HIS SHOES!!! I have no recollection of doing this nor do I have any explanation as to why I would have done this. I think my brain is just thinking about so many things at once that it is no longer functioning properly. I don't know what else to say.

With that being said, you will see fewer and fewer posts in the coming months on this blog. (So no texts or harassing phone calls-Aunt Jennifer!) There are a few reasons:

#1: Work is super busy for me right now
#2: Braysen's birthday party is rapidly approaching and even though I got started working on it a long time ago, I still feel like there is a TON to do
#3: I am SWAMPED with cake orders. Things kind of died down during the holidays but have picked up and are in full swing. I literally had 3 people book topsy turvy cakes in just the last 4 days. I know that I said I would be cutting back and only doing 2 cakes per month, but I have such a hard time telling people no! Aside from booking more than 2 cakes per month, I have 2 cakes for this weekend alone!

So you won't see many updates on this blog, but you will inundated with updates on my cake blog!

Hi ho, hi ho, back to work I go. We have a not-so-fun meeting tomorrow at work so I'm going to make some cake pops to try to boost the girls' morale. :) I also have 11 (yes, I said 11) layers of cake to bake first thing in the morning before I leave...

1 comment: