Monday, January 3, 2011

NYE

I know I'm way behind on this post, but I have a confession to make...

I was waiting for my friends to post their pictures so I could steal them and use them. Thank you to Marlo and Valerie for letting me bum pictures off of you. Tony was messing with the settings on my camera, and all my pictures came out blurry because I didn't have the chance that night to sit down and figure out how to fix it. I don't even know how to use the dang camera because it has so many different settings and then he throws me off with this?!

Anyway, New Year's Eve was a completely different story this year! We always have a NYE party at our house, with the exception of last year. Last year my mom was hospitalized for several days just after Christmas and came home right before NYE. I spent a lot of time at the hospital and when it came down to it, it was just too late to do anything. On top of that, I was 6 months pregnant and we were living out of boxes because we were supposed to be moving earlier that year in October.

This is what mostly went on at the last NYE party we had 2 years ago:






I'm sure you can figure out what the theme of the night was.


My how things have changed! We really wanted to scale it down this year and not have as many people over because we knew there would be lots of little ones. This year I spent a lot more time picking up Braysen's toys than I did picking up alcohol bottles!






































3 comments:

  1. ah so fun! Love the comparison post. Too funny huh? We were super low key too, just some old folks in a cabin by the fire, kissed Gnight & off to bed. Noah didn't even stay up till midnight, or past 9pm for that matter lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's def different, but still with the theme of spending it with your loved ones.

    Your house looks gorgeous. Can you please do a house tour post?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika, it's amazing what happens after kids, isn't it?

    Shannon, I thought I was crazy because I swore that I had posted pics after we finally got all moved in. But I found the post, I can't get it to link here, but here is post of before and after pics of our new house. The before pics were taken just two days before my water broke!

    http://amyandtony.blogspot.com/2010/06/our-new-house-after.html

    ReplyDelete