Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jaxon!

Today we headed out to Newport to celebrate Jaxon's 2nd birthday. Tony's cousin Mallory did such a great job. Everything was so cute!

Prepare for a ton of pictures. It was a long but very fun day.

For starters, it was at Tony's Aunt Becky's house. Her house is on the beach and it is BEAUTIFUL! That big blue house? Yep, that's hers. I think the first floor alone is bigger than our entire house.

This shot is of her view from one side of the patio. I wasn't smart enough to take a picture of the view from her upstairs bedroom. All I can say is that if I woke up to the view that she sees every morning from her bedroom window, I'd have a really hard time getting ready to leave to go to work. I've never been a person that wanted to live at the beach, but in a house like hers, I MIGHT be able to handle it! :)


The birthday boy!


Aunt Becky helping Braysen test drive Jaxon's new bike.


For some reason, ice buckets seem to be a huge attraction at these birthday parties


Taking a break for a brewski.
 


I have video of this. It's really hilarious, but I'll save it for its own post.



Vivian decided she needed one also.











Upside down!



This is the first picture I've seen where I think he looks like I might be his mother.



 
The last of these pictures show how we spent the last part of our day in Newport. They also explain why we never made it to the second party we were supposed to go to today. The boys were having so much fun and played so hard. Braysen conked out on the way home and has not had the best sleep lately. We decided to just bring him home and let him sleep rather than wake him up when we got to our next destination.








When we got back to the house, a wrestling match ensued. In case there is any question, Jaxon won. :) I have a feeling this is the first of many wrestling matches between these two cousins. If JD and Heather's baby turns out to be a boy also I think we're in big trouble!






1 comment:

  1. These pics are precious!

    I love your header too!

    Good choice on the Coors Light, that's what me & Noah always go for too, kidding :)

    ReplyDelete