Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer To-Do List

While giving in to my most recent obsession, Pinterest, I came across a board titled "100 Days of Summer". And because I live for lists, it inspired me to make my own list of things I want to do this summer. I pinned some of her ideas, found some other ideas in a few places, and will continue to add to the list as I see fit. I always have big plans for summer,but by the end of summer cannot tell you a single thing I did. Hopefully this list will help me make the most of every day. Some of the ideas that I pinned we won't be able to do, simply because Braysen is too little, but I figured I could save those ideas for next year. I do have other things on my list, I did add a few other things to the list, which aren't as exciting (such as reorganize my cake cabinet so that it is actually functional and I can find things when I need them), which I'm sure nobody cares to see, but I figure if I put it out there, then there's some type of accountability, and hopefully I'll get it done. :)

1.   Make strawberry lemonade smoothies
2.   Make watermelon waffles
3.   Pizza on the grill night
4.   Ice cream party with sea salted caramel
5.   Make name blocks for Braysen's room (I have had the materials for months, I just haven't found the time to do it.
6.   Make name blocks for an unnamed person's baby shower :)
7.   Taco bowl night
8.   Homemade Wendy's frosty
9.   Picnic at the park
10. Make lemon ice
11. Cookie s'mores night
12. Make 4th of July popper rockets
13. Make cookies and cream ice cream
14. Make strawberry shortcake popsicles
15. Make s'mores on a stick
16. Make limeade slushes
17. Make Jack's lemonade
18. DIY drum set for Braysen (a scaled down model of this)
19. We're going on a picnic. Pack up some Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad in individual jars & play at the park
20. Take a walk and munch on breakfast cookies
21. Make fudge popsicles
22. Run in the sprinklers and share an ice cream sandwich cake
23. Make a batch of cake batter ice cream
24. Make my camera strap
25. Make watermelon popsicles
26. Make myself a clipboard for next year

The not so fun but totally necessary list
1.  Research social studies curriculum for next year
2.  Begin planning for next year
3. Organize our bathroom (when we moved last year, there was a lot of organization that was missing because it was done so quickly. I plan to change that)
4.  Organize cake decorating pantry so I can actually find things when I need them
5.  Get all of my teaching supplies out of storage and ready for next year
6.  Refinish bathroom cabinets
7.  Molding for bathroom mirrors

Thrown in there are several cake orders, river trips, a vegas trip, and planning a small birthday party. We'll see how it goes. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment