Thursday, June 2, 2011

Here Goes Nothin'

In March I set off on a journey. I was inspired by my friend Shannon to eat clean. After several texts back and forth, I decided to go for it. I figured with my energy levels being so low at the time, there was nothing to lose.

As it turns out, I had a really hard time eating completely clean. I stuck with what I could, and for the most part eat as best as I can. I've heard people talk about "cheat days", but for me, it's more like a "cheat snack" at least once a day. I can't complain, though, because it's actually much better than my eating habits before. I always just kind of ate whatever sounded good. By the way, this is not completely my fault. It's just the way I was raised. My mom is the same way, she pretty much just eats whatever she feels like. Unfortunately, I do not have the same metabolism as my mom (thanks alot mom!), and now that I am getting older, I'm finding that I just can't eat like that anymore.

I've lost 7 pounds since I began this journey (really 8 pounds, but somehow I gained a pound back this past week).  I have started working out, not as consistently as I would like, but I'll get there. I feel much more comfortable in my clothes than I ever have. I still have about 4 pesky pounds to go and quite a bit of toning still, but we leave for our first river trip of the summer tomorrow, and I'm out of time for now, so here goes nothin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment