Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Practice Cake

We're having a 30th birthday party for Tony in August. Yeah. Dirty 30.

I'm making his cake, and I really wanted to make a topsy-turvy cake, but I haven't taken the class. Heck, I haven't even taken the Fondant class, which you need to take before you can take the topsy-turvy class. I wanted to do a practice cake, just to see if I could even figure out how to do it. It worked. I figured it out. Here's a picture of the practice cake. Lots of mistakes, I know, but at least now I know what I need to do to make Tony's cake turn out right. His cake will be bigger with more tiers, I just didn't see the point in making a huge cake, especially when I'm trying to watch what I eat. What the heck was I thinking!? His cake will also be a different design, and obviously, a different color scheme.


P.S. - After publishing the post, I realized that some of the circles are gritty looking. It's actually these really cool edible cake sparkles. The look really neat in person, not so neat in pictures.

1 comment: