Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Wagon

Ok, I'll admit it, I've fallen off the wagon. After I had Braysen, I was doing a pretty good job of monitoring what I ate. I had gone through phases before I was pregnant and I tried to do this, but it at most lasted for a few days. I was doing well for about the first two months after he was born. I also started working out daily as soon as I got the ok from my doc.


Things sound like they were going well, right? And they were, until... I went back to work. I know this is a really lame excuse, but it's the truth. I was lucky if I had the opportunity to even take my makeup off at night, let alone have the time or energy to work out. And eating good? Ha! Most nights I ended up just eating dinner at my parents' house when I stopped by there to pick up Braysen. My mom always made something that I really liked, but they meals were definitely not friendly to my diet.

I vowed that once school got out, I would get back down to business. But I have been just as busy every day since I was off.

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week. I am getting BACK on that wagon! I hosted Bunco at my house last night, so I had a smorgasbord of unhealthy treats. This morning as we were getting ready to go to my parents' house for a BBQ, I packed up all the leftovers from Bunco and hauled them off to the BBQ so they won't be staring at me every time I open the fridge.

It's a start, I guess. Braysen is finally on a schedule, as much of a schedule as a 3-month old can be on, so I should be able to find some time to myself for meal planning and exercise. I still have 2 pounds until I reach my prepregnancy weight, and then there are 7 more pounds I would like to lose after that. Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment