Sunday, January 13, 2013

26 Weeks

Ok, so it's not the best picture from this week, but it is the only picture that my belly is not covering up the words on the chalkboard. :-/ 

Yesterday we took Braysen to Monster Jam, but I'll do a separate post on that later.

26 weeks and still growing and growing, obviously.  As of this week I have gained the same amount of weight I had gained by the time I delivered with Braysen. Yikes! I am still not quite at my weight that I was at when I delivered because I was a few pounds lighter when this pregnancy began. According to my doc's request, I still have about 20-something pounds to go. Holy moly! I've come to terms with the fact that I will probably never wear a bikini again. Don't get me wrong, I know I will lose all the weight, but I also know that my body will be way different after this pregnancy as compared to my first. And oddly enough, I'm ok with that:
  • I'm 30 years old
  • The babies' health and birth weight is way more important to me than my post-baby body
  • I think I've probably clocked more than enough time in a swimsuit for any one person's life
  • I'll have 3 kids to chase around, how the heck would I find the time/opportunity to be in a swimsuit?! :)
You think being pregnant with twins I would have a crazy appetite. It's actually quite the opposite. I hardly have any appetite at all, which is so unlike me. I normally have to eat every few hours or I get very grouchy when my blood sugar level drops. I don't eat when I want to eat, I could probably go through the entire day without eating and be fine. But I do eat because I know I have to. My perinatologist told me that this is completely normal.  But planning dinner is a nightmare. Because I'm never hungry, nothing ever sounds good.

We have our 3D/4D ultrasound later today and I am sooo excited to get a sneak peek of these babes!

2 comments:

  1. I NEVER wanted anything to eat. I practically forced food. I would eat peanut butter and banana toast every morning- (only thing that seemed to sound yummy) and if I wasn't careful I would go most of the day with out eating another ounce of food :/ Hang in there.. And for the record- your bump is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! You look amazing! I'm so encouraged to know that we're on the same crazy journey about to welcome twin girls while chasing around our little guys! I love your bump updates and have to admit I'm a little jealous of your handicapped parking sign. I may have to try to pull a few strings at my doctor to get my own!

    ReplyDelete