Friday, November 30, 2012

20 Weeks


20 weeks today! I had another appointment with the perinatologist yesterday. He checked the babies' growth and said everything looked good. Just like at the last appointment, he was looking for twin-to-twin transfusion. After the ultrasound, he told me that this appointment was a big deal (he didn't tell me in advance, I'm sure, because he knew I would have been a stress case). He said this was the big appointment where they most often catch twin-to-twin transfusion. After this point, there is only a 15% chance that the babes will develop it. One baby was 11 oz and the other was 12 oz, so they are both measuring on track and evenly. That's 23 oz of baby in there! That would be like a 27 week singleton pregnancy, where a baby usually weighs 1.5-2 pounds. That's just baby though, not accounting for all the extra fluid, additional amniotic sac, and additional blood volume with twins. Whew, no wonder I'm exhausted by the end of each day!



1 comment: