Thursday, September 27, 2012

When Is it Too Much?

I think my body has been trying to tell me something.

For the first few weeks of my pregnancy I had very mild symptoms. A few headaches here and there, tiredness, and a bit of nausea every late afternoon, just to name a few.

For the last 3 weeks or so I have been virtually symptom free, which is kind of rare for being pregnant with multiples, based on what I've read. 

Between Ashton's birthday party at the beach, Knott's, and chasing Braysen around yesterday in Oak Glen, I think my body is finally saying, "Enough already!"

On the way home yesterday I was hit with an awful headache. By the time I got home that headache was accompanied by the worst bout of nausea I've had this pregnancy. I didn't actually get sick, but it did spend a majority of the afternoon/evening posted on the couch and was even in bed by 9:30, which is pretty much unheard of for me!

I honestly think that learning to slow down is going to be the most difficult part of this pregnancy. I didn't have a need to when I was pregnant with Braysen, I still wore my high heels to work and even worked up until two days before I delivered! I feel like my body is telling me to slow down and take it easy for a while, and while that may be something that I do not want to do, I may not have a choice.

2 comments:

  1. Listen to your body. You are naturally high energy which is awesome, but it takes so much more to care for those two sweet peas in your belly. Just take a breather! You will feel better and your body will thank you! You are a total super mom, and taking a more restful approach won't change that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Marlo! I told her the same thing! Super mama needs to slooooooow down<3

    ReplyDelete