Friday, February 18, 2011

The Worst Week, but for the Best

This has been one heckuva week. It started off ok, but the last two days just completely made it for me.

I knew Wednesday was going to be a rough day, simply because we had our science fair. Not only did we have a hectic schedule, but at some point during the day, I needed to find the time to grade my 86 students' projects and folders. Good luck with that, especially since I'm a teacher, so really I need to spend my day, well, teaching! I had no idea what was in store for me when I left that morning. That day also happened to be the day that I had to contact all of my 1st period's parents because of some inappropriate information that a student included in their history presentation. That day also happened to be the day that a student had a medical emergency during my 3rd period and had to call 911 and have them wheeled out of the classroom on a stretcher and with an IV. Are you kidding me!?

I had so many parents that emailed me and told me that I needed to take Thursday and relax a little bit after the craziness of the day before, so I thought, "Cool. Maybe this means I won't be getting a ton of emails or phonecalls today from parents because they know what yesterday was like." And I was right, both my email and work phone were pretty quiet all day.

But then I had a personal incident that pretty much screwed up the rest of my day until it was put into perspective for me. I always considered FaceBook a place to keep in touch with friends, never a place to air your dirty laundry or talk crap about people. After all, we are no longer in high school. I know you may be looking at my blog and be thinking the same thing, but this to me is a creative outlet and a place to write my feelings. Besides, I've been explicitly told by this person that they are too busy to read my blog anyways.

Anywhoo, after many phonecalls and text messages I officially lost a friend. I want to thank Tony for going to bat for me yesterday, as he should have. He stuck up for me because I was being targeted as punishment for a mistake he made. What's funny is that he was the one who screwed up, but he is still in contact with his friend. Go figure. I also want to thank my mom for keeping me sane throughout everything that happened yesterday and for helping put everything into perspective for me and for putting a positive spin on the outcome. I also want to thank my friends for all the supportive text messages and phonecalls I received yesterday. You guys made me feel so much better!
In the end, everything happens for a reason and this was probably for the best anyway.

Oh! One more person I forgot to thank! I want to thank this little guy for at least starting off my Thursday morning right!



















His favorite thing to do with his Valentine dinosaurs? Throw them on the ground and step on them!




1 comment:

  1. And people think im crazy for NOT being on facebook!!! I dont know who or what happened but I am sorry to hear that you have been done wrong! just remember true friends will never hurt you or judge you and its best to find out who the true ones are before you invest any more time with those who arent. Trust me it still hurts but some people grow up and some dont, your better off and soon your wound will heal - xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete