Monday, August 5, 2013

Kiwi Crate

Click here to receive $10 off your order at Kiwi Crate!

Braysen is really difficult to buy for. He was the first grand-baby on both sides of our family and the first great-grand baby on my side. My parents and Tony's parents look for any excuse to buy toys for him, as do my aunts and my grandma. When it comes to birthdays and Christmas, it is hard to think of what to buy for him because he has so much. Our toy room is out of control. I feel like we need several play rooms just to store all of it.

For his birthday this past March, the last thing I wanted to do was to buy him another toy. I pinned the idea of Kiwi Crate on Pinterest a while back, but decided that this year would be the perfect timing to buy a subscription for him for his birthday. I usually do a lot of crafts/experiments/learning activities with him, but I knew with these babies on the way I would have a lot less time to prep materials. Kiwi Crates are perfect, because they come once a month and have all the supplies needed for two crafts/experiments/learning activities. They also give you other activity ideas that many times the materials are already included in the crate or are materials you have at home. All the activities are science-based and educational, so you know the elementary teacher in me approves!

The Kiwi Crate comes with Braysen's name on it, so he's thrilled to open the door and find a package for himself!

 




Each month is a different theme. This past month was Wonders of Water. It's so nice that all the materials needed for the activities are included in the box, there's even a "Mess Mat" for him to work on! Each activity has a small booklet of instructions that include pictures so kiddos can learn to read directions, even when they can't technically read yet. Each activity book includes guided questions that you can ask them to promote critical thinking and also includes extension activities.
 
 
 



I didn't get pictures of all the activities from his crates, but here is the one from the previous month:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment