Saturday, July 16, 2011

Where to Begin?!

Honestly, I don't know where to begin. My summer break has been so full of activities that I have had very little free time. I have accomplished several things on my to-do list, but not as many as I would liked to.

Today was my official lat day of decorating cakes. I had two fairly large orders for this weekend (and one smaller one), and they were my last. I know I've been saying for a long time that I was going to take a cake break, but one of the orders was booked a very long time ago (long before I decided to take a break), one was for a friend's baby shower (which I couldn't possibly say no to), and the third was an emergency cupcake order for a bridal shower (which I also couldn't possibly say no to once I heard the story behind it). I know, I'm a softy! What can I say? :)  A huge part of my problem is that I have a really hard time telling people "no" when it comes to cakes. I really enjoy doing them, so every order that comes my way I want to take. Not taking any new orders is a way of getting my life back under control.

Braysen is so little and requires so much of my attention. He will never be this little again. If I spend all my daytime hours being tired because I was up all night working on a cake while he's asleep, then I feel like I'm totally missing out. I don't want to do that anymore. Maybe someday when he's a little older I will pick it back up, but for now, I'm done. Well, with the exception of somebody that I owe big time (this means you, Rhiannon!), and of course family and close friend favors.

I know I have a lot of blogging to do, but don't want to spend my first cake-free moments blogging all night. I may do one or two blogs each day until I'm caught up.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly why I would not tell you my "request" ( I still wont say it) because I knew you wouldnt say no. lol

    ReplyDelete