Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Cookies

I couldn't decide where to put these pictures. I decided that they definitely don't belong on my cake blog, so they ended up here. First off, I have to say that I am completely emparassed at the fact that I do not have any Christmas cookie cutters. I usually do all my Christmas baking at my Mom's, so this has never been an issue. She convinced me to do my baking at home this year, and I didn't realize that I was cookie cutter-less until the night I was going to bake my cookies. I have 2 cutters - a Christmas tree and a star. The rest of the cookies I cut out with a knife. I'm not completely happy with the way they turned out, but hey, it's better than having just trees and stars, right?

This was my first time using royal icing for color flow. It wasn't as easy as it looks, I totally give props to Becky and the work she does! I'm not really a class-taking type gal, I like to do online research to get tips and tricks, then try it out for myself and figure out what works for me and what doesn't. I like the trial and error way of doing things. As you can see with the cookies, I learned exactly what works for color flow and what doesn't!






P.S. - I also forgot to mention on my Christmas blog that I made my friend Shannon's yummy cheese ball that she blogged about. It was deelish and everybody LOVED it!

1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute missy...you could have baked at my house you just chose to do it at your house!

    ReplyDelete