Saturday, February 6, 2010

34 Weeks & a Baby that Dances to Lullabies

Your Baby: Month 8

Baby’s senses are continuing to improve --
when light peeks in through
your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny
eyelids and irises blink and dilate.
And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs…
time to start practicing your lullabies!


I am 34 weeks today! That means I am only 6 weeks from my due date. Really? Is my due date really only a month and half away? It hasn't really hit me that I will have a baby to bring home sometime within 1 to 2 months. What I am still really anxious about is the fact that we may not be in our new house by the time he arrives. We are set to close escrow on March 10th. Yes, March 10th, which is 10 days before my due date. And before we move in, we want to re-do the flooring and paint. Yikes! I think that this whole house-hunting thing has been the hardest for me. I am a plan-ahead type person (so much so that I started packing our hospital bags when I hit the end of my 2nd trimester). I like to plan ahead and be organized, so the fact that I can't be positive that we will be in our house and completely ready by the time Braysen arrives really freaks me out! That being said, I am doing as much as I can to satisfy my need to be prepared. His carseat and my hospital bag were both put in the car today. Tony's hospital bag, on the other hand, well, let's just say he's not as concerned with planning ahead as I am. It has still yet to be finished. I may work on that for him tomorrow. :)

On another note, after reading this little bit of info about the baby this week, I realized that he can start to recognize lullabies. My mom bought me this cute little Soothe and Glow Seahorse as a shower gift, which is kinda like a GlowWorm that I had when I was little.

Marlo had it when she was pregnant with Emery, and would play it for her at night time hoping when Emery finally arrived, she would know that the lullaby it played meant it was nigh-night time. She said it really didn't work, and now that Emery is here, she could care less about the darn Seahorse. I decided to give it a shot anyway. I've been playing it for him when I lay down to go to bed, but it only seems to get him riled up! As soon as that music starts playing, he stretches and dances and pokes me with elbows, knees, feet, and hands! Guess it didn't work for him either. But it's still fun to use it to get him going. I'll just make sure to not do it at bedtime so that I can get some sleep! Tiffany, on the other hand, seems to really enjoy the seahorse. I got out of the shower yesterday morning to find her snuggled up with it in my bed! She thinks everything belongs to her. It looks like we're going to have to figure out a way to separate her toys and his toys, so she knows what she's allowed to play with!

2 comments:

  1. Ya know, when Eme was brand new she didn't like "Sara the Seahorse" but now that she's a little older she actually enjoys her. I put her in the bassinet with it and she starts hugging and kissing that little thing like crazy! It doesn't help her fall asleep but it keeps her occupied :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute Amy, he's a little dancer! I can just picture you and Tony laying in bed with that little thing singing away :) I had a glow worm too!!

    ReplyDelete